Saturday, October 6, 2012

9.24.12


Dear Family, 

Holla! Well I guess I will answer questions first...  The interview with Elder Gay was nice. He just kind of got to know me and asked me questions about how I am doing and about my family.  He is a really nice guy.  The things that he shared with all of us were really awesome. He shared a lot about himself and about his family and the heartaches and things that families go through things. It really made me realize that the general authorities do have lives and sometimes they’re not glamorous or spectacular. They even stink sometimes.  But that’s not all I got out of his little address thingy.  He said some sweet things about missionary work and how we can do better as a mission.  He gave us a challenge about working more with the members and getting referrals out of them, instead of spending all our time out knocking and stuff.  It really opened my eyes about how much member work really means to missionary work.  So he gave us this challenge and I’m excited to start doing it.  I think we will see some cool things come out of this.  My trip back to Caribou was awesome!!! It was really nice to see all the people there that I got to know and it was really mighty nice to talk to some of them and see how they are doing.  Like for example the family we were teaching..  They are actually doing awesome!!  The mom and the daughter are both getting baptized on Saturday!!! I got to go see them and tell them how proud I am of them and everything.  It was a pretty sweet experience.  And it’s too bad, but I can't make it to their baptism because it is too far away, and I can't spend that long away. Dang it!! But oh well.  They are doing the right thing and I can't wait to congratulate them:)

That’s cool that you guys went to Braden’s concert!! I bet it was awesome! And dang, that m&m puzzle they did, I’m pretty impressed!! That looked really hard to do.  Good job guys:) I've never sang the Lord's Prayer before, but I bet it was really beautiful.  

That’s sweet that you guys were able to go to the temple dedication. I bet that was SICK!! And the Payson temple is sweet. They are making a lot of progress with it and it’s looking really pretty.  

Travis Pitcher did what!!!?? OUCH.  40 ft of falling. Thats alot.  I'm soooo glad that he is okay, and yes there was for sure a lot of miracles that happened that day.  Man that’s a long way.... Tell him not to do that again.

Cake!!! I love cake.  That’s really the first cake that you have made since I left?? Wow, 4 months with no cake.  That’s hard - ha. Good thing people out here make cake when we go over - ha. Not all the time, but I love cake:) I do miss your cake though.  And having it every Sunday was sweet.  

Um - with the boots.  You could get either.  I know that my dress shoes are 11 1/2 but I could pull off a 12.  It's really up to you.  Both would work out I think.  But yes I do need those in the next coming month because it will start snowing soon.  So thank you so much for doing that :)

I am doing great here in St. Stephen.  I'm really getting accustom to this place.  Elder Hadley and I are doing great together. The little girl from the family came to church yesterday, and loved it!! She is really excited about the church.  We also taught a couple more lessons to people.  another investigator, is doing better and may come to church next week!! 

It's really been a blessing being out here on a mission.  I have really seen the impact the gospel can be on people’s lives.  Sorry I don't have more stories about what happened this week, but I kind of forgot what happened - ha.  Sorry.  It was a good week though - ha.  

Thank you guys for all that you do and have a great week.  And I Love you guys!!! Have fun.

Elder Beckert






No comments:

Post a Comment