Saturday, October 6, 2012

8.27.12

Dear Family, 

It's great to hear how well you guys are doing!! Everyone is back doing their normal things, teaching, going to school. It's awesome to have such a great family!! Oh and hey, great job for running that half marathon guys!! Good on ya! I'm pretty sure I would have died - ha.  No just kidding, I probably could ;) ha-ha.  But wow, I think it’s great that you guys did that! Keep it up-eh. 
 

Thank you for the pictures. It was good to see how you guys are doing, and also Aunt Tina and Luke and Braden. It was great to see them. Make sure you tell them that I love them and hope the best for them! How does Braden like living in Payson?? Ha. 
 

This past Sunday we had the Stake President come down to our ward and he talked about his son who is on a mission and how proud he is of him and the letters he writes home.  I know I’m not the best writer or the best speaker about my thoughts or feelings. But I do want you guys to know that I am SO happy to be out on my mission. The things that I am doing are making me a better man. I am sorry I don't put a lot of stories and things that I probably should put in my letters. I'm going to try to do better at it.  So here it goes-ha.

Well this past week was good. We worked hard and found some more people to teach.  Marie has been working with a friend of hers and we just met her this week. We taught the restoration with her.  She is reading the Book of Mormon now and we'll hopefully see her again this week. She couldn't make it out to church this week because of work.  But she does have that desire to meet with us and to learn more about the gospel.  We're trying to work through the members, because the mission president said to - ha.  The members here in Caribou are doing great. They really work hard to find people to bring into the gospel. It's been a huge blessing to have that. 
 

The mission president sent out the weekly indicators this past week. (Those are just the numbers that we generate as a mission, like people to church, and lessons taught and new investigators, stuff like that.) The indicators have been dropping consistently since President Leavitt has gotten to the mission.  It’s not his fault, but it was an eye opener to see how they have fallen and how we as missionaries need to do better.  Elder Harris and I have been working hard and have been doing our part. But as for the whole mission, we haven't been doing our part.  So he sent some challenges our way to find more people to teach.  It was really just so crazy to see how much it has fallen and I hope that we all work harder and have more people come to Christ and follow his example and be baptized.  So hopefully things will get better.

But other than that, it's been awesome being here and I can't even explain how many blessings I have already seen by serving a mission.  I understand the scriptures much more clearly and it's been awesome to read them and to find out more.  I still have a long, long way to go - ha.  It's been a honor to serve and to do my best, even with my faults. I try to overcome them and to work as hard as I can to do what I can.
None of this would be possible without your support though.  Thank you all for all that you do for me and for this cause.  I love you all so very much and I hope you all have a wonderful week.  P.S. Do make sure that everyone in the family knows how much I appreciate all that they do. :) Thank you!!!
 

Love Elder Beckert









No comments:

Post a Comment