Saturday, October 6, 2012

9.10.12



 
Hey Family:)

What’s going on??? Carlie went on a dance and nobody told me before hand!!?? ha-ha, What are you guys doing??? I need to know these things before they happen. Think about that - ha.  

The reason I say "Think about that" is because there is a cool story it's called "Bill Carpenters Conversion story". I don't know if you guys have ever heard it before, but it’s really cool. I recommend it. It says that phase a lot, and it’s pretty funny and cool - ha.  

But seriously, I need to know these things!!! 

Well anyways, I don't have Grandpa's email address so can you guys wish him a happy birthday from me?? I would really appreciate it.  

And yes we were able to watch Elder Holland’s address last night. It was really good. We watched it with the senior couple here, elder and sister Tibbits. They’re from Alpine (I think) and they are really nice and awesome. But yah, I really liked the talk he gave. We need to be the best Latter Day Saints we can be, and not "check our religion at the door".  We need to stand in holy places and stand for what we believe in, and not be afraid to do so.  We need to be sensitive to other people and always try to help them, BUT not judge them because we have no right to. We just need to be there for people and help them all we can and be there for them.  That’s what I got out of the talk and a bunch more things but I can’t remember - ha.  But yah it was really good, and I hope a lot of people watched it. 

Transfers were great!! I miss the people in Caribou, but the people here in St. Stephen and Calis are really cool and really nice.  On Sunday, yesterday, I gave a talk on missionary work. It went pretty good actually, I’m getting better at speaking in crowds and it was a pretty good talk.  I talked about the 3 things missionary's need to be good missionaries. The same 3 things I gave in my farewell talk and the 3 little coin thingys that mom so awesomely gave to me. 

1) A Desire to Preach 

2) Develop your Testomony 

3) Love Others

The talk went really well and people came up to me and said it was a great talk, so I guess I did okay - ha. Things are going good here in St. Stephen, Elder Hadley and I were already good friends, so it's been awesome to be serving with him. A cool thing happened on Saturday, we visited an investigator named Angel and we set a baptismal date for the 20th of October!!! It was a really neat experience to have that my second day in the area. I feel really good about this area and the way it is going to go. 

I'm doing well and I’m glad you all are doing good too:).  Ummmm, I can’t think of anything I need right now.  But I’ll think about it and let you know. Have a great week!!! You guys are awesome, keep doing good :) and yes I meant to write good:) I love you guys 

Love,
Elder Beckert





No comments:

Post a Comment