Wednesday, October 10, 2012

10.8.12


Dear Family.

Hola!! It’s great to hear from you guys!!!  Conference was pretty good - ha.  I really liked it:) And Presidents Monson's announcement was a shock - ha.  Didn't expect that!! Whoo!  I think it is awesome! I do believe that, because of this, more young men and women will want to serve and be ready to serve. I thought about Carlie when that announcement was announced.  And I'm proud of you Carlie for making the decision to serve.  I knew you would.  You are a good kid, great example to me.  You will be a great missionary because of your good heart.  And if you decide not to go in the future, that’s okay.  You don't need to, but I know if you do you will see the blessings of helping other people like I have.  Good luck with your decisions, and keep me in on them.   

I was asked by Shea if I would have gone at 18 or if I’m glad I went at 19.  The Lord really does know people - ha.  I’m very grateful that I had the opportunity to go at 19; I know that is what I needed to do. I was not ready to put 2 years on hold when I was 18, I could have gotten ready at that point, but I’m thankful for the experience I had to have a year to prepare myself.  So I think the announcement couldn't have come at a better time:)

We saw a tooshie load of miracles this week:) It was really a blessing to see what happened this week.  the man, who has been taught by missionaries on and off for 2 years, came to conference with his wife and friend and they really liked it.  On Sunday afternoon. we went over to their house and he said that he wants to get baptized!!:) So he will be baptized on the 27th of Oct.  That was a miracle.  We also had an experience with the girl.  She kicked out the guy she was living with, and she got a new roommate who just so happened to have taken the missionary lessons about 2 months ago.  She moved to Michigan but came back about 2 weeks ago!! We knock on her door to see her and the roommate answered the door, and we talked to her as well and she wants to start the lessons back up -- another miracle. We have seen countless others that have been so amazing!!  I can really see the effect the gospel has on people, when people really let the spirit drive them, they can accomplish anything.  I've seen that through the people that I have been able to teach.  And it's a blessing to see it.  

I also liked Elder Holland’s talk, just like Dad. Elder Holland really knows how to get to the core.  I loved  how he took on the Savior’s role and said "Do You Love Me"  I thought about that for a long time after that. I do love our Savior.  And I know that through him we can do all things, even go through the hard times.  If someone hasn't seen that talk, I say go watch it.  It is SWEET. I liked it and it helped me.  

Also did you guys see Elder Gay!!! He talked, I think it was like the Sunday afternoon session or something. I talked with that guy - ha. Shook his hand and listen to him for like 7 hours!!!! It was cool for me to see him there and know that I talked one on one with a guy who is talking in Conference - ha.  But, anyways I want to thank you guys for your support and for all that you do.  I want you to know that I love you all. And I hope you guys have a great week.  I love you all very much. And again good luck Carlie.  If you need any advice or anything I’m here on Mondays to talk to you:) love you all.  


Love,
 Elder Beckert

No comments:

Post a Comment