Saturday, October 6, 2012

9.17.12



Dear Family, 

Well it's great to hear from you guys:) and I guess I’ll answer all of mom's questions first - ha.  

It's not that hard to cross the border because most of the guards know us and let us though. Sometimes we get someone who doesn't like us, but they can't deny us to cross the border. Sometimes they just hound us with questions. There's this one guy who is awesome. In fact this week when we crossed and he was the guard he asked us if there was anything going on in the world that we wanted to know. So of course I asked him about sports, you know me.  We also asked about the elections and what’s going on with all that.  He told us that something was going down in the Middle East with fires and what not, and that it's getting pretty bad.  So that’s pretty much all I know about that. And oh yah, Elder Hadley and I sent for our absentee valid thingy, so we can vote!!! Boo-ya!!!!  

Caribou and St. Stephen are a little different. In the fact St. Stephen is prettier. There is a bunch of trees and bunch of water around, and the weather here is awesome right now.  The leaves are starting to change. In a few weeks it is going to look dandy:) can’t wait! - ha.  

The members feed us a lot down here and it’s really nice.  Some make some really good food:) I’m eating ALOT!!

Yes we have a car.

Sounds like you guys had a blast at Park City!! That sounds like it was fun - ha.  And too bad about the BYU game:( that blows.  Nailed the crossbar, dang.)
  
The Payson Temple looks awesome right now.  It's going to be so pretty, I can’t wait to see it up and fully done!!  Keep sending me pictures:)

And about the shoes, well I wear 11 and 1/2's and I don't really care where you get them.  And feel free to use my money.  You can buy it with your card or something, Then just take money out of my account.
I also did get Grandma’s package, so it’s good.  

Well this week for us here in St. Stephen has been great!!  We were able to find some new investigators and teach them this week.  We found a less active family with 2 kids who want to be baptized, but we need to teach them first.  One is 13 and the other one is 8.  It was pretty funny, the 8 year old named Kira, asked this really good question about how our spirits were made. We told her God made our spirits.  Then she got this questioning look on her face, and then she asked, well then how are our bodies made..... Ah-Ohh!!!!!!! Red Alert!!! ha-ha.  It was funny we just said that’s a great question for your mommy:) ha-ha. It was pretty funny.  

Well anyways so yah, this week has been good.  Tomorrow we are going to met with Elder Gay of the Seventy.  He is interviewing some of us. And guess what.... I got picked, of course - ha.  No it should be good.  I'm excited to meet him.  Then we’re having a missionary training thing with him and I should learn a lot.  So I'm pretty excited about going. Also we are having exchanges and Elder Harris is coming to St. Stephen and I'm going to Caribou!!! I'm excited to go up there and see those people again for a day:)

Well that's what’s going on with me. I'm having a dandy old time here in St. Stephen and I can't believe how fast it is going.  It’s been a blessing being out here.  And I’ll talk to you guys next week!!! Have a great week everyone!! Love you all!!!!!

Love Elder Beckert 



No comments:

Post a Comment