Saturday, October 6, 2012

8.13.12



Dear Family, 

Well the pictures of the typewriters have no story. There’s just a museum here and I saw them and took a picture of them - ha. No story... Sorry.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!  I hope you had a great day man.  You are an awesome father and I’m thankful for you.  Your getting pretty old man ;) just kidding.  Hope the day was awesome!!  

I'm glad that you all are doing well! It's so good to hear from you :)  Thank you, mom, for the quote from Elder Holland.  That’s pretty cool that you read all of his talks. Good on ya! It is a wonderful thing, isn't it? I'm thankful for the Savoir as well.

Well this past week was a good week.  We met this guy. He had gone online and asked for the missionaries to come.  Turns out that back home he went to church for like a month and that he is ready for the gospel. We met him this week and he came out to church and is shooting for a baptismal date of Aug 25th.  He's a cool guy. He is 21 and really sweet. He has had a rough background, but he has changed and is doing really good. 

This Saturday is the girl's baptism. She is sooo excited for it.  Elder Harris and I are trying to set it up so she will remember it forever.  She said that "it feels like it’s my wedding day:)" She is awesome and so excited to make that commitment. 

I've noticed being out on this mission that people just need someone to talk to sometimes. For all that know me; you know that I don't like to talk that much - ha. But even though I don't like to talk a lot, I’ve learned that people need other people to talk to.  And sometimes that person is you.  I've also noticed how much I have already grown.  I'm so happy for this opportunity to serve.  I do miss every one of you guys so much and its hard to be away from the ones I love.  But this opportunity is something that is going to bless me and you guys, and I’m already seeing it.  I’m so excited for Allison and Jacob. They are going to be great missionaries!!! Take advantage of the MTC guys, you'll learn a lot about teaching. 

Hey Mom, if they want they can e-mail me, just give them my address.  If they want to, I guess.  Tell them their free to. And so is anyone else I guess - ha.  Just so you know. 

You guys are awesome. Thanks for letting me kind of talk about my feelings about being out here. It won’t happen a lot - ha.  It’s weird for me.  But yes, thank you for your support and prayers.  I love you all very much.  Can’t wait to hear from you next week!:)

Love, Elder Beckert

Cameron’s mailing address is:
Elder Cameron Beckert
40 Sweden St. Apt.A
Caribou, ME 04736

I’m sure he would love to hear from everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment