Saturday, October 6, 2012

8.3.12


Hola Family,

I’m glad you all had a good time in your trip to Arizona! School is starting shortly isn't it? Wow time flies, a little - ha.  Keep doing what’s right, keep striving to be the best you can be. 

This week was a good week! I'm getting to know the area very well now and the members. So things are going really good.  We are still teaching a girl and she is doing awesome. She is so excited to get baptized, and I can’t wait for it to come.  We had the opportunity to go down to Houlton ME, and see a baptism down there and it was an awesome experience to be part of one. 

We went on exchanges this past week as well. Elder Hawkes, who is down in Houlton with Elder Chalmers, came up here with me and Elder Harris went down to Houlton.  Elder Hawkes came out with me from the MTC and it was awesome to go out with him and teach our investigators.  I’m so much better at teaching then I was, but I also need to learn LOTS LOTS more - ha.  But all that will come.  We had a good time and he is an awesome Elder. He's actually from Utah as well. He is from Bountiful, so that was pretty cool. 

Something really cool was that the girl, she couldn't come to church on Sunday cuz she was out of town, but she still fasted! And she loved it.  She's pretty dedicated and it's awesome to watch her grow. 

I did get some pictures for you guys! WHOO=HOOO! I know it’s been a while, but I hate pictures - ha.  So I’ll send some today.  And thank you mom for the quote, it is a good one - ha.  I do remember that talk, probably just cuz of the basketball part - ha. 

I bought a rain jacket this past week. It’s a nice one.  I'm probably going to buy a suit this week so be prepared.

Things are going great! Thank you all for your support and for all that each and every one of you do for me.  Thank you for your prayers and for, well, everything.  Have a wonderful week.  I love you all so much.

Love, Elder Beckert

View August 2012 (2).JPG in slide show

View August 2012 (3).JPG in slide show

View August 2012 (4).JPG in slide show

View August 2012 (5).JPG in slide show

No comments:

Post a Comment