Saturday, October 6, 2012

10.1.12


Dear Family,

Well first off, thank you for the letters that you have written to me.  I did get dad's email about the shipping of the boots.  Thank you for doing that for me.  I haven't really looked that hard for a winter coat.  I'm told that here it is better to have a lot of layers than just one big coat.  So I’m looking around for layers and maybe a big coat. I don't know.  But I’m looking - ha. Right now the weather is SWEET!!! It's raining sometimes and sunny the other times.  I love rain, and it rains different here than in Utah.  I love it.  

Also, thank you dad for the pictures of the thingy outside (a cement pad we are pouring in the back yard), it's looking mighty nice!!! Keep up the good work.  Sorry I can't help you, but I’m far away ha-ha.  But seriously though, you are doing a good job on that, it’s looking really nice. Also you lost 35 pounds?!! Atta kid! Good work man! 

I love the scriptures in 3 Nephi as well.  I also wonder what those people thought of the sign of the Savior's birth.  It would have been SWEET to be there, but I know that happened and I love Nephi.  He's the bomb.  

Faith is a huge thing. That is the first principle of the gospel and also it's one the first things we as missionaries look for in people.  If they don't have faith then our main concern is to help them build that faith and the do the things necessary to find that faith in Jesus Christ.  And if they do have faith, then it is our job to help them progress in the gospel by helping them make those commitments in their life to more fully follow Jesus Christ.  I love faith.  I study it a lot out here.  And my faith has grown just being out here.  It's a pretty neat experience.  

Any ways, sorry about that - ha.  This week here in St. Stephen has been a good week.  We've seen some cool things happen here that I know are miracles. On Wednesday, we watched the talk "Safety for the Soul" by Jeffery R. Holland with an investigator..  She is progressing really fast.  She liked the talk and has been reading from the Book of Mormon. She can't come to church right now though.  She can't cross the border from Calais to St. Stephen; she doesn't have her birth certificate yet. But she is trying to send for it from New Jersey where she was born.  We had a great lesson with her yesterday on Sunday, and got her committed for a firm baptismal date on October 27th, and Elder Hadley and I are both very sure that she will get baptized, just as soon as she gets the birth certificate thingy down.  

Another neat thing, there was a family that was taught by the missionaries like 2 years ago and we visited them. Beau, the dad, let us in and we taught them and they came to church yesterday and it was sooooo cool to see them there.  I really like them.  They’re very funny, and I like spending time with them.  

Also another neat thing, the  family up in Caribou -- they got baptized!!!!! I was able to talk to the mom on Saturday, and she was so happy about getting baptized.

It was really cool to know that they got baptized.  

Well I have to go. Thank you for all your prayers and everything that you guys do.  Have a great week!!!! Love you all very much.


Love Elder Beckert

No comments:

Post a Comment