Saturday, October 20, 2012

10.15.12


Dear Family, 

Well I did get the boots and the garments.  Thank you so much for doing that and sending it to me. Speaking of sending things, my mailing is changing because our P.O box is expiring and we don't want to pay the money to renew it.  It expires at the end of October. My new mailing address is in Canada. It is: 

71A Queensway  
St.Stephen, NB E3L 1L3
Canada

And mind you, that you are sending it to Canada so that means you need to put 2 U.S bound postage stamps on letters and so on, or get Canada bound postage stamps.  So if you could let people know so they are not lost.  Thank you:) Sorry for the change. 

So news for Carlie, you have to go to Provo to get a passport, the Payson post office won't do it for you. So go to Provo and they can do it for you.  It will cost, I forgot but it is up in the 100's.  Good luck!
And gheze girl, calm down with the dates - ha.  Or at least tell me who they are please - ha. Good luck

Well other news.  Shealynn and Amy told me that Emily is engaged!!! What!!!!??? That’s sweet!!!!! I would love if Emily would email me and tell me about it:) So you guys could tell her to, I told Amy and Shea to tell her as well, so I better be seeing some emails from her ha-ha;)

This week is transfer week -- almost another transfer in the bag - ha. Elder Hadley and I are staying here in St. Stephen and we are seeing really good things happen in this area. Hopefully we will have a baptism on this coming Sunday, on the 21st.  he is a sweet guy. He has been taught on and off for 2 years and he wants to get baptized.  He does have some concerns with tithing, but we are trying to work with him on that by promising the blessings that come from paying your tithing. He is going to pray about it and find out if he needs to do it.  So he will get the right answer - ha.  It's just if he wants to act on that.  He is really a sweet guy though, he works hard and he does have a strong testimony of the church and of the Book Of Mormon.  So he is sweet!!!!!  The girl is doing well, she hasn't gotten her birth certificate yet, but it should be coming this week. We should see her at church soon, and  her roommate is also doing well. We had a dinner over at their house yesterday with some of the ward members and it was really good.  I love food. Food is great.  It was really good to have them meet some ward members.  Those are our top investigators and we keep finding new people so hopefully we will be able to help them and to give them the gospel, so it can bless their lives as well.  

Sorry for not writing a whole bunch - ha.  I am getting better at writing emails though so bear with me.:)

Thank you all for all that you do.  Have a great week and be safe. I love you all!!!!!!

Love, Elder Beckert

Here are a couple photos.  The one with a person in it is the bishop of the St. Stephen Ward - ha.  He is a sweet guy.  You don't have to show that one in the Ward newsletter, but I think it is a funny picture, Amy could use it for her blog or something – ha but whatever.  I will try to get more in the coming weeks!!!:)







No comments:

Post a Comment