Tuesday, July 3, 2012

7.2.2012

Hello everyone,
I’m glad everything is going good! I'm sorry that my emails haven't had all the information you guys want in them. There's just so much stuff going on, it’s hard to sit down and write it all down.  I don't mean to leave out stuff it's just whatever comes to my mind when I’m writhing it all down.  And you guys know me, I’m not good at explaining everything.  

Well Dad, I'm not even sure how much money we get right now. I think it’s like 200 or something like that, and we do get a card we can use for that.  They put the money on there each month and we spend it on food and stuff.  A normal day here, I guess, is wake up at 6:30, personal study at 8, companionship study at 9, and because I’m getting trained right now our companionship study is 2 hours long, but usually it is 1 hour.  Then we go and do missionary work, either lessons we have set up or knocking or calling people.  I’m not sure what else I can say, it all depends on the day. 


That’s cool that the Dale and Diane came over. That was nice of them.  I’m glad Dustin is doing well.  And thank you for the chapters in Alma; I’m actually reading in the same spot so that’s pretty weird ha.  But I like Alma and Amulek. They are pretty good missionaries. 
{I think this is his companion...Elder Harris}

But yeah, things this week have been going good. We met this old guy yesterday, his name is William and he is a cool old man. He works hard and is very spiritual, and we gave him a Book of Mormon. He seemed very happy with that, and we're probably going to see him next Sunday, so that’s exciting.  We didn't have any baptisms in the month of June, but we have 5 lined up so far in July and they seem pretty solid right now. 4 of them are a family, the Stride family. They are really cool and are progressing really far. Hopefully they will start coming to church. They weren't there last week, but hopefully they will start coming. The other one a guy named Kenny who is sick all the time. He has something wrong with his liver, I think. He said he had like Hepatitis C or something, and he had to go get a shot. It is kind of like chemo for the liver. He said that his hair was going to fall out and that he was going to be bed ridden for a while.  I will be good in the long run, but he so desperately wants to come to church. He can't until he can actually get off his bed.  

We are teaching some other people who are close to getting a baptismal date. I’m excited about that. I’ll tell you more about them when they get a baptismal date.  One's Mari and she's cool. She's started reading the Book of Mormon right when we gave it to her and she likes it. There are a few more who are not progressing as much as they could, but are still trying to do good and stuff.  I do have to be sensitive about how much information I do give everyone about the investigators here. I hope you understand, but yeah,  I can tell you some stuff, just not everything.  

I’m having a real fun time here in Caribou. Elder Harris and I are working hard.  On Tuesday and Wednesday we get to meet our new mission president and his wife, President and Sister Levitt. So I’m way excited for that.  Also there was a huge rain storm on Friday last week. It was huge!!! Huge lightning and lots and lots of rain. It was actually pretty cool. 

Also I’m sending some pictures of Caribou and I think there’s one of Elder Harris. But yeah. I’m sending those.  

And in the package you’re going to send, can you put in some candy and some treats? :) hehe 

Thank you all for the prayers and good thoughts you send.  I love you all!

Love, 
Elder Beckert

No comments:

Post a Comment