Wednesday, July 18, 2012

7.16.12

Dear Family,

It's great to hear about your week and the stuff you guys have been doing.  I'm glad to hear you guys are staying busy. 

Well, both the people we are teaching didn't make it church, but they are still doing good and the will get there at some point.  Elder Harris and I just need to be patient with them and they will get there.  We met someone in Washburn yesterday on Sunday, and he was a nice guy who let us teach him. He said yes and yup a lot so sometimes that’s a good thing, and sometimes it’s not. I guess we will see as time goes on.  He's the same age as me, so it was cool to talk to him. 

And Carlie had a question about if there was a temple in Caribou? Umm, no there is not -  ha.  The closest one is in Halifax Canada, and the Boston temple. As missionaries we can only go to the one in Halifax because we have to stay in our mission boundaries.  So we don't go to the temple at all, really, unless we’re in an area in Halifax. 

Things are going really good. I’m having a good time doing this work.  I do miss you guys a lot. Thanks for the family picture. It is awesome to have.  The hardest part is just being away from everyone and everything I’m used to. But I know I’m here for a reason and I can’t wait to see where it takes me. 

And yes there's always something for you guys to do:).  You can send more treats and goodies - ha.  Um and, actually, I would really love more CD's.  If you guys could do that it would be AWESOME.

Thank you guys for all you do and thank you for supporting me.

Love,
Elder Beckert

No comments:

Post a Comment