Monday, July 23, 2012

7.23.2012

Dear Family,

Hola!! It sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun and staying safe.  I bet Yellowstone was really fun! Loved the pictures! I won't lie, I miss you guys - ha.  Didn't know I would so much.  But don't worry I’m glad to be here serving a mission and helping the people here.  This is where I’m meant to be. I've already seen that in so many ways. One way is that in my Patriarchal Blessing, Grandpa was so wonderful to do for me; it says that my testimony will help others that I meet.  I had a great opportunity to bear my testimony to the family about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and all that He did for us to be able to be with our Father in Heaven again.  I hope that even this little paragraph will help someone who is reading this, whoever it may be, that the Savior is there for us. All we need to do is trust in him and turn to him.  I know that you will be happier by doing this. Sorry to sound so sappy - ha.  That just helped me this week.

I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with my zone leader here in Caribou. His name is Elder Bowen.  He is leaving in November and he helped me in my teaching efforts. It was great to get to know him. I've been on 2 exchanges so far and they really do help me increase my knowledge of different ways to bring the gospel up.  It was really nice to have that.  I even have the opportunity to go on another this week. 

It's the end of the transfer on Wednesday. Elder Harris and I are staying here in Caribou.  Phew - ha.  I still need some more training, even though everyone is saying that I’m doing good and all. I still feel like I need to know way more.  I definitely do.  But it's amazing how much I’ve already come to know about teaching. It’s pretty cool - ha.  

Well  both people we are teaching came to church yesterday, and they seem to be doing really well.  It's been an honor to teach them and to see how much the gospel makes their lives better.  We met some nice people this week that we are hoping will let us keep coming so we can teach them more.  It’s crazy how I’ve come to love everyone I meet.  I can’t wait to teach them more! 

And I would love to hear form Caleb, Ella and Aunt Janeen, (I told him I sent your letters) I think that’s awesome that they want to write ME a letter :)

Thank you for all that you guys do for me.  Thank you for your examples to me, and thank you mom for that quote from Elder Holland. Being thankful is definitely important to show. 

I love you all so much!!!

Love, Elder Beckert

No comments:

Post a Comment