Monday, June 18, 2012

6.18.12

Dear Family,
 
Haha wow! I can't beleive that your guy's tent blew away at the Trek! Thats Hilarious, i wish i was there to see that ha. And if it was me i would have just slept in the car the whole time and not even in the tent ha.  Sleeping outside is not my forte ha. 
 
At the MTC we watch a movie about the Pioneers, i think it was called The Legacy of Faith or something like that.  It was amazing to see what those people went though and how hard the times were and im so happy that you guys had the oppertuninty to go and see what that was like first hand, and i hope it was a great experience for everyone. 
 
I love that quote from Elder Holland as well, it is an honor to be out here serving my mission and i know that if i live the teachings of Christ and if i am exactly obeident then i will find those who want to come to the Gospel and are ready to be baptized, i know that with all my heart, and am trying my hardest to work as hard as i can and to be exactly obeident so i may find those who need the Gospel in their lives. 
 
Well life in the mission feild is great! Theres so much to do everyday and sometimes i just want to lay down ha. But i love every minunte of it! It is exciting to be here and to be doing the lords work everyday, i cant think of a better way to be spending my time. 
 
The people here in Caribou are great! They are awesome in every way, some are very colorful ha.  But they love talking to us, but most here are very set in their catholic ways.  Some don't even know why they are, but some are afraid of change and have a hard time comminting to another church where they grew up their whole life in one church.  So sometimes it gets pretty difficult and hard.  But these last few months the Elders here have been working hard and have found alot of people ready to here the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and its a blessing to be able to teach some of those people. 
 
Elder Harris is a great guy, he works hard and keeps me being obiedient, he is an amazing companion, and hopefully i will get some pictures out to you guys sortly, but he is great to be around and is training me well. 
 
I do need some things from you guys.  I need another suit, i guess that the call packet was supposed to say like 2 suits, and so i do need another one, because we do wear jackets alot, so if you could send me another suit that would be lovely, I don't really care what color, maybe just a black one, but you guys can make that call.    I also need some CD's, some spirtually inhancing, lovely to hear, feel good music.  I was on LDS.org at the MTC and i saw this music, i think it was under the youth section or something, and it was called ARISE, i think.  It was awesome!!! I want that music and other music that sounds like that. Music that lifts the soul, but doesn't make me fall asleep haha.  So please if you could send me that stuff, and anything else you think i may need or want.  
 
YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!!
love you all, and miss you all, but mostly love you all very very very very much.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I'm so glad you are doing this..I love reading his letters. Do you have an address where we can write him? My little Kamryn has been want to write him a letter.
    Thanks
    Itzel Day ;)

    ReplyDelete